Explore our promoted experiences
- Combine two best-selling Venice tours at a discounted price
- Skip the line at two top Venice attractions: Doge's Palace and St Mark’s Basilica
- Explore the opulent public rooms of Doge's Palace, see Veronese paintings and walk across the Bridge of Sights
- Learn all about the Doges of Venice who ruled the Republic of Venice until the late-18th-century
- Admire the extravagant interiors of St Mark’s Basilica
- See St Mark’s Square as well as hidden gems such as San Zaccaria Church on a walking tour
Departure & Return
Entrance to the Royal Gardens, on the waterfront of St Mark's Square - You'll meet Avventure Bellissime tour coordinator outside the gardens, in front of the wrought iron Gate holding a sign with the name of the tour and Avventure Bellissime logo written on it.
What To Expect
After meeting your guide outside the Royal Gardens in central Venice, walk to the nearby Doge’s Palace at St Mark’s Square. Admire the magnificent Gothic exterior, and then skip straight to the front of the queue so you can head inside and start exploring. Follow your guide through the palace’s ornate public rooms adorned from floor to ceiling with gilded decor and murals, including paintings by Renaissance masters Tintoretto and Veronese.
As you explore, your guide will share details about the powerful doges who ruled the Venetian Republic for centuries. Hear about their fearsome governing tactics, and then step across the famous Bridge of Sighs into the connected prison network where enemies of the republic were locked up. After you’ve emerged back into the daylight of St Mark’s Square, enjoy a break at your leisure before your next tour begins. The break varies depending on the operational schedule.
Skip the Line: Small-Group Venice Walking Tour with St Mark’s Basilica (2 hours):
Meet your tour back in St Mark’s Square and learn about the crown jewel of this piazza — the Italo-Byzantine St Mark’s Basilica. Head to the front of the line and step inside the awe-inspiring cathedral. Admire the soaring golden domes, marble mosaics and intricate murals of the lavish interior. You’ll have approximately 30 minutes inside the Basilica to explore.
Next, escape the crowds of St Mark’s Square and follow your guide through lesser-known backstreets. Learn about some of Venice’s hidden gems, such as the Gothic San Zaccaria Church or Campo Santa Maria Formosa and Hidden Venice, as your guide shares tales of the city’s colorful characters and history. Your tour concludes back at the original departure point in St Mark’s Square.
See the 'View additional info' link below for a map of the start point for your first tour.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- Large bags and rucksacks are not allowed inside St Mark's Basilica
- At certain times it may not be possible to enter any of the visited churches due to religious functions taking place. These closures are beyond our control so no refunds or discounts will be issued
- High season operational schedule (Apr - Oct): Skip the Line: Doge's Palace Tour starts at 9am and Skip the Line: Small-Group Venice Walking Tour with St Mark’s Basilica starts at 11.10 am Mon to Sat, at 1.45 pm Sun
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- To ensure safety and well-being of our guests the itinerary of the tour has been amended to follow the Covid-19 guidelines. Visits to St Mark's Basilica may be subject to restrictions. Depending on the situation on the day of the tour the itinerary may be amended to offer you the best experience possible.
- Guaranteed skip-the-line entrance to St Mark's Basilica is compulsory from April to October due to high number of visitors. St Mark’s Basilica does not offer a fast entry service to anyone in other periods considered off peak season. No refund is due when skip-the-line reservation isn't required.
- Beginning Friday 6 August 2021 and until further notice, access to the Doge’s Palace and all related areas will be permitted only to those in possession of a Green COVID-19 Certification (Green Pass or equivalent certificate). Please remember to also bring your ID or passport to confirm your identity.
- Most travelers can participate
- Departures starting at 11.10 am have the following schedule: 11.10 am Best of Venice walk + 2.30 pm Doges Palace tour
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- OPERATED BY Avventure Bellissime
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands