- Gain skip-the-line entry to St. Mark's Basilica
- Learn about historical Venice from your guide
- Cruise along the Grand Canal on a water taxi ride
- Break for lunch and shopping with free time between tours
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Admission lines at top Venice attractions are long and no more so than at St. Mark’s Basilica. Use your skip-the-line ticket to bypass the lines and step straight inside. Then admire the acclaimed mosaics that adorn the basilica’s interior as you explore with your guide.
From St. Mark’s Basilica, continue to Campo Santa Maria Formosa to admire from outside the stunning Renaissance church dedicated to the Holy Virgin and learn from your guide the meaning of "formosa".
Leave the tourist crowds behind, and follow your guide around the winding alleyways that form the backstreets of Hidden Venice and Castello district. Explore narrow passageways that cut between sun-bleached palazzos, and admire the bridges that cross the canals.
Pass through Campo Santa Maria Formosa to see its gothic palaces, and have your camera ready for Marco Polo’s House. Other sights include Calle del Paradiso, San Zulian, an age-old merchants warehouse and a wellhead, which many say is the city’s most beautiful.
Say goodbye to your guide at St Mark's Square, and make the most of some free time before your water taxi cruise along the Grand Canal.
As you glide down the waterway, listen to stories about the eye-catching palaces and churches that line your route, pass by Rialto bridge, and hear fun facts about the famous residents that have lived on the equally famous street. Continue on a tour of the smaller, lesser-seen canals. Hop back on to dry land to finish your experience in central Venice.
Please note: There is a break between the walking tour and Grand Canal boat tour, for you to spend time at leisure. The duration of this break varies depending on the season. Details of the exact meeting location and time for the Grand Canal Boat Tour are given by your meeting point assistant upon check-in for the first tour.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Tour is not suitable for people in wheelchairs or with walking difficulties as passengers are required to step down onto the boat when boarding. The variation of the level of tides can make the vessel unstable
- Occasionally the Basilica may be closed to the public (without prior notice) because of festivities, religious functions or high water. The guide will provide explanation from outside.
- It is possible to take the walking tour and boat tour separately (over a couple of days). Please specify the date for each tour at time of booking and we will advise availability.
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- In case of high water, St Mark’s Basilica Skip-the-line entrance will remain closed
- Best of Venice walking tour operates with max 20 participants per guide
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Grand Canal boat tour operates with max 8/9 participants per boat
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- To ensure safety and well-being of our guests the itinerary of the tour has been amended to follow the Covid-19 guidelines. Visits to St Mark's Basilica may be subject to restrictions. Depending on the situation on the day of the tour the itinerary may be amended to offer you the best experience possible.
- Most travelers can participate
- Guaranteed skip-the-line entrance to St Mark's Basilica is compulsory from April to October due to high number of visitors. St Mark’s Basilica does not offer a fast entry service to anyone in other periods considered off peak season. No refund is due when skip-the-line reservation isn't required.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- OPERATED BY Avventure Bellissime
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
See all safety measures taken by Best of Venice Tour with St Mark’s Basilica and Grand Canal Boat tour .