4 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Face masks required for travelers in public areas
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Gear/equipment sanitized between use
Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
Enjoy a streamlined way to explore several of the Vatican’s busiest and most in-demand attractions on this private tour. Meet your guide outside the Vatican Museums and, with your skip-the-line entry, head right inside. Visit various galleries before touring Michelangelo’s world-famous Sistine Chapel. Next, transfer to St. Peter’s Basilica, located right next door, where you’ll take an elevator to its dome to see its embellishments up close. Ascend further up a flight of stairs, if you wish, for panoramic city views.
- Enjoy a hassle-free, streamlined way to tour the Vatican’s top sights
- A private tour makes for an intimate and personalized experience
- Skip-the-line tickets save you time and help you bypass crowds
- See the Vatican Museums, Sistine Chapel, St. Peter’s dome, and more
Saved to wishlist!
Professional art historian guide
Guaranteed to skip the long lines
Departure & Return
Viale Vaticano, Roma RM, Italy
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements
- Subject to favorable weather conditions. If the Dome is closed due to poor weather, you will be given the option for an alternative path inside the Museums, but no refunds if one of the areas is closed will be given.
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- OPERATED BY Tours of the Vatican with Francesco & his team
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience. Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Skip-the-Line Vatican Sistine Chapel St Peter Basilica & Dome climb Private Tour?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
What is the policy on sanitization during Skip-the-Line Vatican Sistine Chapel St Peter Basilica & Dome climb Private Tour?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
Product code: 101939P4
Explore Similar Things to Do
Architecture ToursWalking ToursArt ToursHalf-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursCultural & Theme ToursPrivate & Custom ToursTours & SightseeingRomeArchitecture Tours - Lake BraccianoWalking Tours - Lake BraccianoArt Tours - Lake BraccianoHalf-day Tours - Lake BraccianoArchitecture Tours - Lake BolsenaWalking Tours - Lake BolsenaArt Tours - Lake BolsenaHalf-day Tours - Lake BolsenaArchitecture Tours - AssisiWalking Tours - AssisiArt Tours - AssisiHalf-day Tours - AssisiCategory
Pincio Gardens (Pincio)Aventine Hill (Aventino)Farnese Palace (Palazzo Farnese)Basilica of St. Stephen in the Round (Basilica di Santo Stefano Rotondo)Turtle Fountain (Fontana delle Tartarughe)Tiber River (Fiume Tevere)Herculaneum Archaeological Park (Parco Archeologico di Ercolano)Keats-Shelley HouseVilla FarnesinaSanti Cosma e Damiano Church (Chiesa dei Santi Cosma e Damiano)Gladiator MuseumChiesa Nuova (Chiesa di Santa Maria in Vallicella)Baths of Diocletian (Terme di Diocleziano)Domus AugustanaCircus of Maxentius (Circo di Massenzio) TrastevereChurch of Saint Ignatius of Loyola (Chiesa di Sant'Ignazio di Loyola)Basilica of St. Mary of the Angels and Martyrs (Basilica di Santa Maria degli Angeli e dei Martiri) Church of Saint Louis of the French (Chiesa di San Luigi dei Francesi)Bramante Staircase (Scala del Bramante)