- 1.5-hour tour of Christ Church College and the Bodleian Library in Oxford
- Designed for fans of the Harry Potter films and Alice in Wonderland novels
- Avoid the long lines outside of the prestigious Oxford University building
- Recognize the Bodleian Library and adjoining Divinity School, used to film famous movie scenes
- Learn about Lewis Carroll’s time at England’s oldest university
Departure & Return
NB meet your guide wearing red lanyard and/or Hogwarts gown OUTSIDE Oxford visitor info centre.
The tours may end back on or near Broad street or may end outside Christchurch college
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- NB Saturday morning tours, we cannot guarantee entry to Dining Hall but we can show you the two HP film sites at Christchurch.
- NB Please plan much more time that you expect to arrive in Oxford, especially if you are driving and need to park.
- Your ticket includes up to £20 in entry fees per person
- These tours MUST START ON TIME as we may pre purchase entry tickets for fixed entry times. If you arrive after the tour has started, you will unfortunately therefore lose your booking. Please arrive 5 minutes early for your tour at our meeting point. If you arrive more than 5 minutes later than the scheduled tour, then you will likely forfeit and lose your booking as it interrupts the guide and other customers, if we are trying to find you after a guide has started and left the meeting point.
- INFO FOR DRIVERS AND PARKING:
- If you are driving, then please allow extra 30-60 minutes over whatever time you think it will take you to get here. Oxford is NOT car friendly and it is congested roads and hard to find parking spaces....unless you park at the sign posted 'park and rides' on edge of town on any major road into the city and hop on their buses into city centre. The park and ride buses leave every 15 or every 30 minutes and take anything from 10 min to 30 min (depending on traffic) to reach city centre. So if you are going to drive, then please assume you should be aiming to park your car about one hour before your tour starts.
- PUBLIC TRANSPORT:
- We actually recommend instead using the much faster and reliable train services but again please aim to arrive about an hour or earlier before your tour starts as trains can be delayed and the train and coach station are about 15 minutes walk from our meeting point. There is also the coach service from London called the Oxford Tube which leaves every half hour or more but it can take much longer than its advertised 105 minute journey time. It drops you off either at High street Oxford or Gloucester Green coach station. It's quicker to ask to get off on High street near Carfax tower, then it's a 10 minutes walk to Broad street.
- Our higher ticket price reflects the special quality of typically having smaller groups than our competitors & our excellence at having almost daily 5 star reviews for this tour! While this tour closes for online bookings with up to 1 hours notice but if you ask Viator to call us up for last minute requests by phone, that may still be possible.
- INCLUDED IN TICKET PRICE:
- This guided tour with guide includes entry fee to Christchurch film site (worth £15 per person) plus we enter Divinity school film site (at Bodleian library) as & when it is open only worth £2.50 per person.
- Skip the queue entry Christchurch tickets, during summer, please note that if you book us at short notice, then Christchurch online tickets may have already sold out. In this case, the guide and you need to queue for entry to Christchurch to buy tickets on the door. This can take half hour+ on busiest days, so please book us ahead!
- IMPORTANT NOTICE IN CASE OF UNFORESEEN PARTIAL OF FULL CLOSURES:
- All these film site venues are private institutions, so we can't always guarantee entry to all parts of the college. Thus, please see details below of any dates with possible closures, before you book us.
- Please note that occasionally, Christchurch dining hall may be closed or can viewing from the hall entry only. This doesn't prevent us from running the tour, as contrary to public belief, Christchurch dining hall is NOT a Harry Potter film site. What they filmed was the staircase & cloisters. We endeavour to publish below, details of any dates when Christchurch has published that the dining hall is closed or can only be viewed from hall entrance lobby. However, these can be last-minute.
- REFUNDS POLICY:
- Please note that we do not offer refunds, unless there are exceptional circumstances to prevent the tour from running. Please therefore check the published dates of known Christchurch full or partial closures, as published on this website page!
- If you opt to book a foreign language tour, this may be possible if you give us adequate advance notice of at least 24 hours. If we cannot offer a tour in a foreign language, then you will be refunded or invited to join the tour in English with any cost difference refunded.
- Divinity School closures for graduation dates 2021 includes following dates:
- Divinity school is closed on June 17th of 2021
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- OPERATED BY Visit Oxford Tours Ltd
All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties. Learn more about cancellations.
See all safety measures taken by Christ Church Harry Potter PUBLIC 10am tour from July 2022 only.