- Taste Portuguese pastries, cheese, Port, and cherry brand
- Visit some of the best food purveyors and restaurants in Lisbon
- Learn about Portugal's food and wine traditions from your local guide
- Small-group limited to 15 people ensures a more personalized experience
Departure & Return
What To Expect
Learn about Lisbon’s cafe culture with visits to the 18th-century Café Nicola, a terrific spot for tertúlias, and discover why Pastelaria Suiça is another landmark of Rossio. You also have a chance to try the famous Portuguese codfish cake with a glass of refreshing vinho verde (green wine).
Continue to a wine bar in the Bairro Alto quarter for tapas and a glass of local white wine. In the 20th century, Bairro Alto became Lisbon’s bohemian quarter and the center of its nightlife.
Visit a much-loved local restaurant, known for its seafood and steaks. Then head down the steps of Calçada do Duque, where you find a variety of restaurants with great esplanades and music. The area is especially popular during the summer months because of the views over Castle Hill.
Then discover the 100-year-old secrets behind Lisbon’s most delectable sausages, salted cod, hams, and cheeses at a local gourmet shop. At a nearby bar, sip a classic Portuguese cherry brandy and note its similarities with Port, Portugal's famed fortified wine. Learn about the history of the sweet drink as you taste it alongside a piece of São Jorge cheese.
Learn the history of ginjinha, the favorite liqueur of many Portuguese, as you sample it in a nearby bar. Afterward, go to Portas de Santo Antão Street, one of the city’s main entrances, where part of the old Fernandine wall once sat.
Finish your gourmet Portuguese food and wine tour with a meal at a gorgeous 17th-century palace. Taste chouriço sausage, bread, and other local products served with a glass of delicious red wine while admiring one of the most captivating Lisbon interiors. Your tour concludes here.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Food and wine tasting locations might change
- Near public transportation
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 14 travelers
- OPERATED BY Inside Lisbon
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- "A must if you have a few days in Lisbon." See review
- "I'd highly recommend this tour for friends who are new to Lisbon as it's a very handy way of finding your way around the beautiful old city." See review
- "If you have a large appetite, you'll easily be able to pop into a cafe after the tour for a more formal dinner as the action is just getting started by the time you finish!" See review