Don’t worry—here are some similar options
Explore our promoted experiences
- Kayak and hike adventure on the Hule'ia River
- Kayak through Hule'ia National Wildlife Refuge
- Picnic lunch
- Snacks and beverages
Departure & Return
Outfitters Kauai Kayak Shack at Nawiliwili Small Boat Harbor
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
What To Expect
Get outfitted with safety equipment and a kayak, then push off to explore the Hule'ia National Wildlife Refuge, dedicated to the preservation of Hawaiian waterbirds. Float past the the Alekoko (Menehune) Fishpond, a living archaeological site that shows the aquaculture methods of the ancient peoples. Get views of the Haupu Mountain Range, a 2000-foot (600-meter) shield volcano looming over the river.
Stash your kayaks and set out on foot for a 1.5-mile (2.4-km) nature walk through the pristine rainforest. At your destination, called Hidden Falls, explore the series of pool-drop waterfalls and the swimming hole. Hear the legends of supernatural beings who inhabit this area and the movies that have been filmed in this scenic location. Enjoy some snacks and cold drinks while enjoying the scenery before heading back down to the river for a fun trip back in a double-hulled powered canoe.
Please note: Participants should be comfortable with a 60- to 90-minute kayaking journey and a 1.5-mile (2.4-km) hike.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Minimum of 4 passengers required for tour departure.
- Approximately one guide for every 8 - 12 passengers
- Items to bring: Swimwear, footwear with an aggressive tread pattern and that can get wet (i.e. Teva-type sandals or aqua socks), towel, sunscreen, insect repellant, waterproof camera
- Cold bottled water included
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 16 travelers
- OPERATED BY Outfitters Kauai
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.