- 2-hour Big Island surfing lesson in Kona
- Learn how to surf Hawaii’s famous waves safely with a knowledgeable instructor
- Enjoy personalized attention tailored to your skill level in a group limited to either two or three people
- Practice the basics like popping up on dry land, then enter the water to put your new skills to use
- Surfboard, reef booties and rash guard provided
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
Departure & Return
Kahalu’u Bay Surf & Sea 78-6685 Ali’i Dr., Kailua-Kona, HI 96740
What To Expect
Once you’re set up with all your gear, head towards the waters of Kahalu’u Bay where you’ll learn some techniques on the sand, which include paddling, positioning, safety, etiquette and ways to select the best waves. You’ll even learn the proper way of what to do if you fall.
Next, strap on your leash and grab your board for the water part of your adventure, where you’ll slowly paddle out towards the waves with your instructor right by your side. Because this surf lesson is for small groups of only two or three people, you’re ensured the instruction is highly personalized and you’ll maximize your time in the water.
If you’ve surfed before, but still need some additional instruction on riding the face of the wave, the instructor can tailor the lesson around your specific set of skills. Beginners will stick with the smaller waves on the inside section of reef, whereas experienced surfers might venture farther out to the larger, more powerful waves.
Either way, whatever your skill set or experience with surfing, this 2-hour Kona surfing lesson is one of the best activities on the Big Island, where the sun, salt and splash of the waves combine to create an outdoor adventure that travelers of all ages can enjoy.
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Available for ages 11 and up
- Participant MUST know how to swim without the aid of a lifejacket
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Surfaces are wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 8 travelers
- OPERATED BY Kahalu'u Bay Surf and Sea
- For a full refund, you must cancel at least 24 hours before the experience’s start time.
- If you cancel less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time, the amount you paid will not be refunded.
- Any changes made less than 24 hours before the experience’s start time will not be accepted.
- Cut-off times are based on the experience’s local time.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Guides required to regularly wash hands