Are you interested in?
82 Tours & Activities
232 Tours & Activities
Hualalai Volcano Tours
3 Tours & Activities
5 hours (Approx.)
Offered in: English
Good for avoiding crowds
Keeping you safe during COVID-19
What you can expect during your visit
Face masks required for travelers in public areas
Face masks required for guides in public areas
Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
Social distancing enforced throughout experience
Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
Gear/equipment sanitized between use
Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
Guides required to regularly wash hands
Discover Hawaii's Big Island which is famous for volcanoes—on an off-road craters Tour. Hop aboard a 4 Wheel Drive van for a breathtaking ride up the side of the Hualalai volcano. You'll pass giant craters and among both rainforest and lunar landscapes climbing 6,000 feet to explore an incredible lava tube on foot. Afterward, spend some time at a local brewery where you'll have an opportunity to sample the local brews.
- Hualalai Holoholo 4x4 adventure tour on the Big Island
- Breathtaking panoramic views of the Hawaiian landscape
- Explore the volcano on foot
- Off-road travel up the side of Hualalai
- Learn about the Big Island's distinct geology and rock formations
Why Travelers Choose This Tour
This tour takes you on a thrilling off-road ride up the side of Hulalai Volcano.
Saved to wishlist!
Interpretative Naturalist Guide
Filtered water, Sodas, & Juices
Walking sticks, daypacks and rain gear
Departure & Return
Departure PointHawaii Forest & Trail Kona Headquarters, 73-5593 A, Olowalu St, Kailua-Kona, HI 96740, USA
Traveler pickup is offered
We also pick up from the following locations:
Hawaii Forest & Trail Kona Headquarters, 73-5593 Olowalu St. #A, Kailua-Kona, HI 96740
Return DetailsReturns to original departure point
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 5 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- We recommend that guests wear closed-toe walking shoes or hiking boots, shorts, short sleeved shirt, and bring a light sweatshirt or jacket
- Minimum numbers apply. There is a possibility of cancellation after confirmation if there is not enough passengers to meet requirements. In the event of this occurring, you will be offered an alternative or full refund
- Not recommended for child aged 7 and under
- Not recommended for participants with back or neck problems
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 9 travelers
- OPERATED BY Hawaii Forest and Trail
For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund.
Learn more about cancellations.
Frequently Asked Questions
The answers provided below are based on answers previously given by the tour provider to customers’ questions.
What is the policy on face masks and attendee health during Hidden Craters Hike?
The policies on face masks and attendee health are:
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
What is the policy on sanitization during Hidden Craters Hike?
The policies on sanitization are:
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
What is the social distancing policy during Hidden Craters Hike?
The policy on social distancing is:
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
What measures are being taken to ensure staff health & safety during Hidden Craters Hike?
The policy on staff health & safety is:
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
What is the maximum group size during Hidden Craters Hike?
This activity will have a maximum of 9 travelers.
See all safety measures taken by Hidden Craters Hike.
See all safety measures taken by Hidden Craters Hike.
Product code: 2804PINZHH
Explore Similar Things to Do
4WD ToursBus ToursSporting EventsHikingNature and WildlifeExtremeWalking ToursHalf-day ToursWalking & Biking ToursDay Trips & ExcursionsSightseeing Tickets & PassesOutdoor ActivitiesTours & SightseeingBig Island of Hawaii4WD Tours - HawaiiBus Tours - HawaiiSporting Events - HawaiiHiking - HawaiiNature and Wildlife - HawaiiExtreme - HawaiiWalking Tours - HawaiiHalf-day Tours - Hawaii4WD Tours - MauiBus Tours - MauiSporting Events - MauiHiking - MauiNature and Wildlife - MauiExtreme - MauiWalking Tours - MauiHalf-day Tours - Maui4WD Tours - OahuBus Tours - OahuSporting Events - OahuHiking - OahuNature and Wildlife - OahuExtreme - OahuWalking Tours - OahuHalf-day Tours - OahuCategory
Mauna Loa Macadamia Nut FactoryLiliuokalani GardensMountain Thunder Coffee PlantationKohalaWaimeaBanyan DriveMauna LoaParker RanchHawaii Tropical Botanical Garden Kaloko-Honokohau National Historical ParkKula Kai CavernsSaddle Road (Hawaii Route 200)Hilo Cruise PortHonopua FarmWaikoloa VillageWailuku River State ParkKilauea VolcanoKohala CoastPuʻuhonua o Honaunau National Historical ParkHualalai Volcano