Mt. Tolmie Park
A popular destination for residents and tourists alike, Mt. Tolmie Park is widely recognized as the best place for panoramic views of the city of Victoria. Viewpoints from the summit (approximately 120 meters above sea level) offer 360-degree vistas of the Gulf Islands, Saanich, and the city of Victoria across to the Olympic mountain range and even Mount Baker in the distance on a clear day. Mt. Tolmie is located near the University of Victoria, making it an often-visited stop along the Beach Drive coastal route.
Located about a 15-minute drive from downtown Victoria, the park features numerous trails for visitors to walk on. Alternatively, travelers can drive up the windy road to the summit for a fast track to the views. Plenty of picnic tables and places for drivers to pull over offer different viewing areas, and about a mile’s worth (more than 1,500 meters) of trails within the park lead hikers through meadows and up rocky slopes, with many of them going directly to the summit. The adventurous traveler can follow the trails to numerous secluded natural areas and various bird-watching outlooks.
Browse. Filter. Book.
What's the best way to experience Mt. Tolmie Park?
- Private Small Group Tour of Victoria & Butchart Gardens
- Small-Group Best of Victoria Tour including Butchart Gardens - Private Safe Tour
- 4-Hour Grand City and Butchart Gardens Tour
- The Ultimate Group Package Tour of Victoria
Things to do near Victoria
- Things to do in British Columbia
- Things to do in Vancouver
- Things to do in Seattle
- Things to do in Sunshine Coast
- Things to do in Whistler
- Things to do in Vancouver Island
- Things to do in Portland
- Things to do in Banff
- Things to do in Calgary
- Things to do in Edmonton
- Things to do in Washington
- Things to do in Oregon
- Things to do in Alberta
- Things to do in Wyoming