Royal Street often plays second fiddle to its more-recognizable bigger brother Bourbon Street. And while Bourbon Street has its place and charms, there is a lot more going on along Royal Street for those with a more casual disposition and a more discerning eye.
Known for its art galleries, restaurants, and curio shops, Royal Street is just a block away from the hustle of Bourbon Street, but retains all of the French Quarter character and charm. A shopper paradise, the casual explorer of Royal Street will note the French and Spanish architecture, while those with a photographer’s eye will likely fall in love with the wrought ironwork, the fern-filled courtyards, and the cobblestone and brickwork.
Royal Street has something for everybody, which is why many prefer it to Bourbon-just one block over, but a whole world of difference. Take a stroll down Royal Street to see why those that come to the Vieux Carrie fall in love with Royal Street.
Tours and tickets to Experience Royal Street
Should I book Royal Street tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Royal Street 2021?
What's the best way to experience Royal Street?
- New Orleans French Quarter, Voodoo and Cemetery History Tour
- New Orleans Food and History Walking Tour
- French Quarter Historical Sights and Stories Walking Tour
- Private Carriage Tour of French Quarter in New Orleans
Things to do near New Orleans
- Things to do in Louisiana
- Things to do in Orange Beach
- Things to do in Destin
- Things to do in Panama City Beach
- Things to do in Montgomery
- Things to do in Galveston
- Things to do in Houston
- Things to do in Atlanta
- Things to do in Dallas
- Things to do in Crystal River
- Things to do in Nashville
- Things to do in Tampa
- Things to do in San Antonio
- Things to do in Alabama
- Things to do in Georgia