Miami Cruise Port (PortMiami)
Often considered the “Cruise Capital of the World”, Miami Cruise Port (PortMiami) is the largest and busiest cruise port in the world and one of the largest cargo ports in the US. Home to seven modern terminals situated on Dodge Island, PortMiami is a popular jumping-off point from which to explore Miami and the Everglades.
There’s no shortage of things to do in Miami, whether you want to relax on South Beach and explore the Art Deco District or fill-up on Cuban cuisine. Stick to the city with guided tours of Little Havana or Wynwood—group and private options are available—speedboat sightseeing rides, or kayaking adventures; alternatively, opt for a convenient airboat excursion into the Everglades, a helicopter ride over the city, or a trip to the Florida Keys.
Things to Know Before You Go
- Every PortMiami terminal offers parking, car rental, duty-free shopping, disabled access facilities, lounges, and free Wi-Fi, as well as taxi, shuttle, and public transit connections.
- PortMiami welcomes Azamara, Carnival, Celebrity, Crystal, Disney®, MSC, Norwegian, Oceania, Regent Seven Seas, Royal Caribbean, and Virgin cruise liners.
- Hop-on hop-off tours are convenient ways to see all the main sights and sounds of Miami in limited time.
- Driving in Miami is stressful and best avoided. Use public transit if needed or opt for taxis and tours with round-trip transportation included.
- Don't leave Miami without trying a Cuban sandwich, which includes ham, roast pork, Swiss cheese, pickles, and mustard and is though to have originated in Tampa.
How to Get to Miami From the Miami Cruise Port (PortMiami)
Whichever terminal your ship docks at, there are robust public and private transit options available. From PortMiami to the downtown, it's about a 10-minute drive; alternatively, it's just a 15-minute walk to the Bayside Marketplace. For convenience, opt for a tour or shore excursion that includes round-trip transportation.
Both English and Spanish are widely spoken in Miami, and the official currency is the US dollar. All the terminals at PortMiami have plenty of accessible amenities, ATMs, and transport connections.
- Things to do in Florida
- Things to do in Fort Lauderdale
- Things to do in Boca Raton
- Things to do in Everglades National Park
- Things to do in West Palm Beach
- Things to do in Naples
- Things to do in Freeport
- Things to do in Fort Myers
- Things to do in Key West
- Things to do in Cocoa Beach
- Things to do in Sarasota
- Things to do in Cape Canaveral
- Things to do in Nassau
- Things to do in Grand Bahama Island
- Things to do in New Providence Island
- Jungle Island
- Miami Children's Museum
- Fisher Island
- Bayside Marketplace
- Miami Beach
- Pérez Art Museum Miami (PAMM)
- South Pointe Park
- South Beach
- Miami Washington Avenue
- Mango's Tropical Café
- World Erotic Art Museum (WEAM)
- Art Deco Historic District
- New World Center
- Holocaust Memorial Miami Beach
- Miami Beach Botanical Garden