Things to Do on Kauai This Winter
Winter is Kauai’s peak tourist season, as balmy weather lures travelers from colder climes to the Garden Isle’s spectacular shores and lush jungles. Whether you're in search of a relaxing catamaran sail, whale-watching voyage, or exciting treetop flight, here are your options for wintertime outdoor fun on Kauai.
- Paddle past the jagged spires of the Na Pali Coast on a sea kayak tour.
- Learn to surf with a lesson on the calm shores of Hanalei Bay.
- Catch sight of migrating humpback whales on a whale-watching cruise.
- Feel a tropical breeze as you fly through the treetops on a zipline adventure.
- Take a day trip to Pearl Harbor on the neighboring island of Oahu.
- Speed down the Grand Canyon of the Pacific on a Waimea Canyon bike tour.
- Explore a historic sugar plantation on an off-road ATV tour.
- Soar above Mount Waialeale on an unforgettable sightseeing flight.
- Kayak and snorkel in beautiful Hanalei Bay.
- Get in a festive mood and enjoy island specialties at a luau dinner.
- Watch the light play on the Na Pali Coast’s spires during a sunset catamaran cruise.