Things to Do on the Big Island of Hawaii This Summer
Summer is high season on the Big Island. It’s also the best time to soak up the beach culture, play in the water, and take advantage of the extra hours of sunlight and the dryer weather. Here are some ideas on how best to enjoy summer on the island.
- Get a birds-eye view of the island on adoors-off helicopter tour.
- Gosailing and snorkelingat Captain Cook Monument at Kealakekua Bay, or along Waikoloa and the Kohala coastlines.
- Learn tostand-up paddleboardin calmer waters.
- Experience the culture and food of the islands at atraditional luau.
- Enjoy the sunshine on awhite sand, green sand, or black sand beach.
- See manta rays feed on anight snorkel or dive with manta rays.
- Gosport fishingfor marlin and yellowfin tuna.
- Look forsea turtlesat Punaluu, Kahaluu Beach Park or Kiholo Bay.
Sample the many flavors of a refreshingshave ice.
10 Tours and Activities | All Big Island of Hawaii Tours
- How to Get Off the Beaten Path on the Big Island of Hawaii
- How to Spend 3 Days on the Big Island
- How to Spend 1 Day on the Big Island
- Where to Stay on the Big Island of Hawaii
- Don't Miss These Must-Do Activities on the Big Island of Hawaii
- First-Timers Guide to the Big Island of Hawaii
- Things to Do on the Big Island of Hawaii This Summer