Puʻuhonua o Honaunau National Historical Park
Step into Pu‘uhonua o Honaunau National Historical Park and be surrounded by royal gardens, wooden statues, and temples that once offered a place of refuge for Hawaiians who broke sacred laws. The site that once provided a lifesaving sanctuary for lawbreakers is now a national park recognized for its cultural significance and natural beauty.
Browse. Filter. Book.
What's the best way to experience Puʻuhonua o Honaunau National Historical Park?
- Kona Tour: Coffee Plantation, Kealakekua Bay, Kaloko-Honokohau Park, and Bee Farm
- Kona Shore Excursion: Kona History and Culture Tour
- Big Island Adventure Bundle: 5 Epic Audio Driving Tours
- Big Island - South Island Coastal Loop Driving Tour
Things to do near Big Island of Hawaii
- How to Get Off the Beaten Path on the Big Island of Hawaii
- How to Spend 3 Days on the Big Island
- How to Spend 1 Day on the Big Island
- Where to Stay on the Big Island of Hawaii
- Don't Miss These Must-Do Activities on the Big Island of Hawaii
- First-Timers Guide to the Big Island of Hawaii
- Things to Do on the Big Island of Hawaii This Summer