Mauna Kea Summit & Observatory
Visiting the Mauna Kea Summit and Observatories gives you the feeling of being on top of the world for good reason: You’re actually pretty close. Standing at 13,796 feet (4,138 meters), the mountain is Hawaii's tallest and the highlight of many visitors' trips to the Big Island of Hawaii. The Mauna Kea Observatories (MKO) feature some of the world's largest telescopes, including equipment from Canada, France, and the University of Hawaii, due to its designation as an unparalleled destination for stargazing.
Mauna Kea Summit & Observatory Tours and Activities
Should I book Mauna Kea Summit & Observatory tickets in advance?
How much does it cost to visit Mauna Kea Summit & Observatory 2021?
What's the best way to experience Mauna Kea Summit & Observatory?
- Mauna Kea Summit and Stars Small-Group Adventure Tour
- Mauna Kea Stargazing Photo Experience
- Hawaii's Best and Cheapest Maunakea Tour
- Big Island Mountain Biking on Anna Ranch
Things to do near Big Island of Hawaii
- How to Get Off the Beaten Path on the Big Island of Hawaii
- How to Spend 3 Days on the Big Island
- How to Spend 1 Day on the Big Island
- Where to Stay on the Big Island of Hawaii
- Don't Miss These Must-Do Activities on the Big Island of Hawaii
- First-Timers Guide to the Big Island of Hawaii
- Things to Do on the Big Island of Hawaii This Summer